The Welfare Reform Team offer help with the following:
- Advice and budgeting financial Support to Council tenants who are in rent arrears and financial difficulty
- Liaising with Income Officers
- Setting up standing orders and supporting clients who are unable to fulfil financial obligations
- Support to claim Housing Benefit
- Housing Benefit appeals and request of backdating and liaising with Housing Benefit Officers
- Support to maximise income by claiming state benefits, school meals, student oyster cards, taxi cards etc.
- Application of grants from charities on tenants’ behalf.
- Signposting clients to debts free management companies and to apply for DROs etc.
- Financial Inclusion Services to Kingston Council tenants.